Life without Windows or OS X

GNU/Linux is quite possibly the most important free software achievement since the original Space War, or, more recently, Emacs. It has developed into an operating system for business, education, and personal productivity. GNU/Linux is no longer only for UNIX wizards who sit for hours in front of a glowing console. Are you thinking about switching to Linux and want to learn how to use it? Have you been using GNU/Linux for some time and want to learn even more? This is the place for you.

Sunday, May 10, 2020

Steam link revisited...

I got a steam link a few years back. Check out my original post here.

Valve discontinued the Steam Link in November 2018. However you can build your own Steam Link with software package for the Raspberry Pi .

I also built a Raspberry Pi steam link, check out my original post here.

The steam link and Gamer OS work together flawlessly. I have it connected wireless to my Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR450. 
Street Fighter V Champion Edition on Gamer-OS


Street Fighter V is now working in proton with the new version 5.0-7

Strangely enough, Street Fighter V was originally supposed to be a Linux native game, as it was announced by Capcom back in 2016. I wonder what happened with that? Definitely get the Champion Edition which includes all fighters, stages, and most of the costumes released through its fourth season. You get 40 fighters, 34 stages and over 200 costumes. Missing from this game are my favorite characters DJ, Fei Long, and Dudley. Street fighter 4 ultra offers a better classic roster. All your old favorites will be there and it works perfect on the Proton 4.11-12. I'm sure it works well under proton version 5.0-7. I just haven't had the opportunity to test it.

Playing Street fighter 5 on Steam Link provides a console-like experience. However keep in mind Performance also depends on your host system. It is wonderful to be able to put a powerful pc on any tv in an apartment without having to move without having to move a heavy PC around. Street fighter 5, with my home configuration streamed at a 60 frames per second over a 5GHz Wi-Fi connection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home