Life without Windows or OS X

GNU/Linux is quite possibly the most important free software achievement since the original Space War, or, more recently, Emacs. It has developed into an operating system for business, education, and personal productivity. GNU/Linux is no longer only for UNIX wizards who sit for hours in front of a glowing console. Are you thinking about switching to Linux and want to learn how to use it? Have you been using GNU/Linux for some time and want to learn even more? This is the place for you.

Saturday, May 30, 2020

The right gloves for the right job.

Rival makes the best bag gloves. They are one of the few companies that specifically have bag gloves and sparring gloves. I never understood why some boxing companies promote all-purpose training gloves meant for both hitting the bag and sparring. I mean can a glove have dense-foam that’s meant for bag work and soft foam for hitting an opponent?  I do understand that a pair of quality gloves can be super expensive, therefore people rather purchase a single quality pair to handle everything. In my humble opinion, you would be better off getting a economy pair of sparring gloves and a second pair of economy bag gloves. It could definitely save on wear and tear when using both pairs of gloves for their specific designed purpose.  


I use my adidas adispeed 501 "exclusively" for sparring (which rarely happens). Adidas does have a bag version of this glove called the ADISBG350.

My Adidas Adispeed 501
I use my Rival rs100s mostly on a double-end bag when I first got them. The package did recommend breaking in their gloves on the bag and/or punch mitts for at least 10 to 20 rounds before using them in sparring. so when I first got them I did spend a lot of time on bags and pads with them. Now I mainly have them as a secondary pair just in case somebody may want to spar with me. 

Rival rs100s
I saw a YouTube channel called Fit 2 Box. The guy in his recent video profiled his top five bag gloves. The thing I noted the most was the only non rival glove on his list was from a company called Phenom.  What caught my attention  was the number 2 glove on his list. It was the RFX-Guerrero bag glove, a glove I have played around with extensively. The RB10 Intelli-Shock bag gloves was his number one. The thing about those RB10 gloves, they retail for $30 USD more than  RFX-Guerrero bag gloves.  

The main plus of the RFX-Guerrero bag V gloves is  that they are technically fight gloves. Therefore, you will be feeling a lot more impact than typical training gloves. Rival’s V-Strap Wrist-Lock 2 System and 15° angled cuff will also give you a lace-up fit. Unlike fight fight gloves these gloves have multiple layers of high density foam. So they will last much longer then even a grant pro fight glove. If I ever purchase a pair. I'm going to make sure I go with the Oleksandr Usyk colors. 

Oleksandr Usyk
Looks are subjective but I personally think white and gold color scheme are their best color. Hopefully one day they will add metallic colors.

Conclusion

So save some wear and tear on your gloves. Get a pair of economy bag gloves and if you spar a pair of economy sparring gloves. If you do not plan on practicing  with a live person opposing you then only consider high quality bag gloves. Don't waste your money on a sparring glove. I own a pair of Rival Econo Bag Gloves. These boxing gloves are perfect for beginners. They only cost $35 USD. However, if you're the type that spends 30 rounds everyday on bags and pads then you might want to look at the higher priced RB10 bag gloves or even the premium priced RFX-Guerrero Intelli-Shock Bag Glove. They are both very durable I hear. I have never owned nor personally tested neither pair. On a side note I also highly recommend working with a water bag when you can. An aqua punching bag will save you some dollars in the long run due to your gloves not taking as much of a beating in comparison to a harder, traditional bag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home